VDO GPS Speed Sender
- Adds GPS Accuracy to VDO Electronic Speedometers
- Green, Orange, Red status LED
- 6ft (2m) shielded cable
- Compatible with all current and previous VDO electronic speedometers, as well as some non-VDO speedometers
- Low current draw, less than 10mA (at 12 volts)
- Voltage: 12V
When it comes to transmission speed, the new VDO GPS Speed Sender is in a class by itself, delivering up to 25X more speed resolution that other GPS Speed Senders. Unlike the competition, which averages 8K-16K pulses per mile, and gets a pulse every eight (8) inches, the VDO GPS Speed Sender emits 200K pulses per mile, delivering a pulse every 1/3 inch. Additionally, the VDO Sender receives signals from up to eight (8) satellites.
The VDO GPS sender’s small size allows for a variety of easy mounting options including the back of the speedometer. The single housing design eliminates the need for external antennae. The sender also features an LED activity status indicator and a signal loss protection circuit that continues to transmit last known speed until the GPS signal is regained.
Installation is quick and simple
VDO GPS Speed Sender is ready for use right out of the box and only needs to be connected to power and ground. It does not require transmission cables or calibration, and no buttons or switches need to be activated. VDO electronic speedometers that have been pre-configured to communicate with the GPS unit are now available in a choice of Speedometer/GPS kits, eliminating the time and labor normally required to program the speedometer.
- Operating Temperature -30°C to +85°C
- Protection Class IP 67 (water tight)
- Output Signal 0-10V square wave @200,000 pulses per mile (compare to 8K or 16K pulses per mile for other GPS senders)
- Meets electromagnetic certification EMC 2004/104/EC (for export)